Monday, June 2, 2014

Aquarium

...back to my favorite day of our vacation. As I was saying, we moved rocks, burned up at a football game and THEN...

...went to the Aquarium! I haven't been to an aquarium since who knows when. It's been awhile, so I was pretty stoked to be going again, and with a little kiddo of my own to shove in front of the glass cases and stare at while waiting for an excited reaction to what he was seeing.




He did give us some pretty good reactions, even just the no-blink-"what-is-that" face in the above picture sufficed for my motherly entertainment.

There was an Amazon section of the aquarium that was set up with a net to walk across. Claire's face was adorable as she slowly walked across gripping the net. 





My favorite parts of the aquarium were the penguins, the otters (I would SO be an otter if I were an animal) and then the big shark tunnel pictured below.



Operation Get-A-Picture-Of-Us-With-A-Shark-In-The-Background only sort of succeeded. 




Better luck next time.

We ended the day with some good ol' In-N-Out, hugs and goodbyes and were on our way. We were so grateful that we got to see so much of Darin's family on this trip, even if it was just for the day. It was so nice to meet Anna and Zoey and catch up with Derek and Linzy and not get enough of Claire's cuteness. I loved watching Shae fall in love with his Aunt Amelia who he got to see the most out of anyone because she was kind enough to let us take over her house. It took him some time to warm up to Grandma Sharon but once she started sticking quarters in his pockets he was all over the Grandma train. I feel so blessed to have married in to such a wonderful, loving family. 

1 comment:

  1. We loved seeing you guys! Claire still talks about Baby Share! It was definitely a great day :)

    -Linzy

    ReplyDelete