Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Surprise Visit

Semi-surprise visit. 

Molly and I had discussed her coming to visit us at some point before we moved. We weren't sure if we were going to be able to make it happen. Then two weeks before we moved, she asked me, "Is it okay if we come tomorrow?" Of course I said, "Yes!!" She drove up from NC on Tuesday, we had all of Wednesday to hang out, and she left Thursday morning. It was a quick trip, but we had so much fun hanging out with them while we could.

Tuesday night we stayed at the house enjoying each others children. Reese and Penn are just the cutest things ever. Penn is at that adorable stage where he is just learning to talk which is cute all on its own, but then Penn and his big blue eyes staring up at you makes the stage all the cuter. After putting the kids to bed, we talked forever and caught up on life while watching the All-Star game. 

Wednesday morning we took the ferry to Surry and picked blueberries. 

Neither Penn or Shae were much help. They would put two blueberries in, then pull about 10 out to eat.

Everyone knows that the real reason that we come to the farm is for their ice cream...sadly the strawberry ice cream was gone and they hadn't made any blueberry yet. We had to settle for vanilla and chocolate. Still homemade, and still quite good.

After blueberries we went and got Pupusas for lunch and then went home to try and get the kids to nap. After they didn't take naps, we went out and explored CW a bit. The Summer Reading program prize was gummy bears from the awesome candy shop in CW. We stopped and got the gummy bears and ate them up while walking around. While there, we stopped to sit on a bench and let the kids run around on the grass for a bit. From across the grass, Penn locked eyes with Darin and walked straight to him, not blinking once, or turning his head. He walked straight up to Darin and stood in front of him and just stared. Maybe you had to be there, but it was hilarious and I don't want to forget it.

Thursday morning we slowly got the day going. We let the kids run around the house and play for a bit (Shae LOVED Reese). Then we went to the park and let them run around one last time before leaving to go home.

It was ssoooo nice to see these guys one more time before we left. I don't know why we didn't see each other more during these past two years, we were only about six hours apart after all. It's going to be a bit harder to see each other at least once a year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can some how figure out how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment