Thursday, December 26, 2013

Baby's First Christmas

This is how Shae felt about his first Christmas:


Pure excitement and joy right there.

Although he was probably just excited that there were so many people awake with him so early in the morning, or that he had just gotten nails cut...I really don't know, but I love that you can see his top two teeth.

With a house full of adults, we made sure that everyone was agreed on still waking up early, after all, two of us would be waking up early no matter what. Everyone agreed and we let Shae be the alarm. He kindly slept in until 7:30am and then we got Christmas going. We started by opening our stockings to see what Santa brought us. I didn't finish two of the stockings that I've been working on in time so Shae used Uncle Scotty's stocking. I used my stocking growing up and Darin used the one that I finished.

This is the one stocking that was fully finished. Not perfect but not to shabby either.

I honestly thought that Shae would have been more interested in ripping the paper off of his presents but he really couldn't have cared less. I think he was actually overstimulated after about an hour because he became really cranky quickly and went down for a nap before we were even done opening presents. He did really like his Sesame Street books that Grandma Sharon got him (we read through them while others were opening presents), as well as the rattley ball toy from Grandma Tammie (anything that rattles, he loves). I loved all the clothes. Thanks guys!





Dad stopped wearing his wedding band on his finger awhile ago because it was getting so thin that he was scared it would break. Mom bought him a new band as a Christmas present with the hope that all the single ladies will stop hitting him. It was cute to watch her propose to him.


This was my Christmas beauty. Darin and his mom and sister must really love me. I was SO excited. Like, freaking out excited. My kitchen is now complete. I can't wait to use it. (On Christmas day Darin says, break it out! Bake something!).


The rest of the day was spent cooking, overfilling our bellies with way too much food and candy, playing games and watching Mormon Messages about Christmas/Christ.


It twas a very merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment