Friday, December 6, 2013

Thank You Mr. Snow Suit

I went running in shorts and a short sleeved shirt today and came back nice and sweaty. What. the. heck? Is it really December? It is 76 degrees outside right now. Where am I?

I don't like hot weather in December. It's just not right.

Something else I don't like: Waking up early.

I don't just not like waking up early, I hate waking up early. I hated it all throughout my mission as well. I never "got used" to waking up early. What does that even mean? And after almost 10 months with baby boy I still cross my fingers nightly and wish upon the far away starlight star bright that he will sleep in until seven. You'd think I would just "get used to it." But no, every morning I hear him, look at the clock and think, "What! My wishing didn't work AGAIN." One of these days people, one of these days it will work and it will work for more than a day. Maybe a week. How glorious that day/week will be.

While I'm at it, can I go ahead and tell you something else I don't like? I don't like being woken up by someone else every single time I sleep. It's like my sleep has an expiration date that ended up being waaay earlier than I thought it was when I bought it.

Now you're all like, well, you should have thought about that before deciding to have a baby. Don't be fooled, I did think about it, doesn't mean I have to like it.

And now that I sound like a selfish, woe-is-me, bratty mommy let me tell you something that I love. I LOVE that Shae has finally started sleeping through the night. We can thank the snow suit for that. (Thank you snow suit! And Lukes for letting us borrow it!) It did the trick. Now he's nice and warm and cozy (even his head!) and most nights he sleeps straight from around 7pm-5:30/6am (And then begins the frantic, please please please, just 5 more minutes. Here's your pacifier. Here's your blankie. Turn off the night light so its super dark! We try it all. Every single morning even though the result always seem to be the same). And as much as I complain about waking up early, not waking up in the middle of the night is so nice...well...I imagine it will be once I stop waking up out of habit...

Oh the price we pay to have cuteness in the home. 

Before nap:

During nap:
After nap:

No comments:

Post a Comment