Friday, July 26, 2013

Seating Arrangements



See those pillows and blankets? Say hello to our make-do couch, because sometimes you've just gotta make do with what you've got. Am I right or am I right? I'm really excited for the day that we have a couch. A couch is one of those things that you take for granted on a daily basis. Then you don't have one and you realize how luxurious and wonderful they are and you tell yourself that when the day comes for you to have a couch again you will never take it for granted, ever. But until that day comes, you can find us chillaxin on our living room floor scouring Craigslist for a couch (or taking pictures of ourselves because we are just vain like that).
And guess what! After going a week without cable (no worries friends, we're all still living and breathing and eating just fine), we decided to order bunny ears and a converter box from Amazon to see if we could just get in some basic channels, that's all I really wanted (wanted  being the key word. I think that cable is a total luxury that society has turned into a norm. One that I have come to love...but I know I don't need it and I wasn't willing to pay $50 a month so that we could have it). I was disappointed when we got the bunny ears and what not set up and learned that we couldn't get any channels, none. Sad day. No Today Show to start my morning. No Brian Williams, Pat Sajack or Alex Trebek.Yeah, I was sad, what has the world done to me? 

We boxed everything back up to send back and as I sat in the corner crying (kiiiidddiinnggg), Darin says, "I wonder what would happen if I plugged the coaxial cable in." So he plugs it in and low and behold, we have cable. haha. We felt pretty sheepish for not having tried that early (I missed SYTYCD for nothing!?)

So, apparently we have cable. No couch. But cable. Adds a little excitement to our floor sitting days. (And we get Orioles games!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment