Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother Dear I Love You So


 photo 129150495497270999_zpsd58a4863.jpg

My Dad sent me this picture of me and my mom this morning. I don't think I've ever seen it before. I love it. My mom is a babe. As am I, a hairless chunky one at that.

My mom showed me her immense love for me this year by sacrificing a lot in order to be here when my baby was born. A few months before my due date she told me that she wasn't going to be able to come. I was sad but I kept telling myself that it would be okay. That "I'm tough," that "I can do it." That "I know what I'm doing" (um, no I didn't. Babysitting does not qualify you to "know what you're doing" when it comes to having a baby). In the end, my mom made it out to be with me and I'm so glad she was there. It was comforting to know that she had gone through everything that I was going through and encouraged me through the entire labor process and after. My mom's baby had a baby. No doubt it was as special a moment for her as it was for me.

I love you mom!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whenever a baby is born, so is a mother.

I don't know who originally said this, but someone said it in church today and I love it. Being a mother is new to me. I thought it would be weird to hear people refer to me as a mother, but it's not. It just fits. It feels right and I actually love it.

I feel more connected and in love with this little man each day and am so grateful that he made me a mother. His mother.

 photo DSC01578_zps33da349b.jpg

Happy Mothers Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment