Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Finished!

We're done. D-O-N-E. 

I graduated on Friday. G-R-A-D-U-A-T-E-D. School has never come easy on me. BYU was never easy  for me. In fact, there were times when I just wanted to give up. Before my mission, I even thought about moving back home afterwards. I even looked at some schools out in PA because I didn't think BYU was right for me. 

Clearly, I came back to BYU after my mission. It just felt right to come back. I'm so glad I did. Not just because I met Darin here, but because I really began to enjoy BYU and the great education I was receiving. I was a lot more serious about my schooling and fell in love with Spanish all over again through many of the classes that I took. 

After Darin received his bachelors, we talked about moving away if he got into a PhD program. Just the idea of doing that was really hard for me because it meant that I wouldn't graduated. I was sad that he didn't get into a PhD program, but I am so glad that I had the opportunity to graduate. It's been a long road. Not the easiest road to walk down, but worth it. 

 photo DSC01467_zps8e31d14c.jpg  photo DSC01449_zpsd58ecf3b.jpg

Graduations sure can make a person sleepy...
 photo DSC01425_zps6240a071.jpg

And...I'm so proud of my husband for completing his MASTERS! He's worked EXTREMELY hard the last two years, not only with his school work, but he also worked 30 hours a week to help support us and pay for school (Yup, you heard right, 30 hours while doing all of his school work on top of that. I married a stud). Oh, and he had a baby! Okay, he didn't literally HAVE the baby, but his time became consumed not only in school and work but also in caring for a crying baby in the day/night and taking care of his emotional healing wife. He deserves a trophy. Somebody give him a trophy. Or a job. Yes, a job would be preferred at this point. 

 photo DSC01451_zps9abb6719.jpg  photo DSC01476_zps8b3bd392.jpg
 photo DSC01478_zpsbb9d386d.jpg photo DSC01482_zpsc425b789.jpg

Peace out BYU. It's been real.

No comments:

Post a Comment