Friday, February 3, 2012

Late Nights in the Spencer W. Kimball Tower

It is currently 11:44pm Thursday, February 2nd. I am sitting in the graduate lab with my husband (and have been for quite some time now) studying. I...can't...go...anymore. So while he finishes his paper, I will document this late night of studies so that I will one day be able to look back and appreciate my soccer mom days to the fullest.

Why is college so crazy? So busy? So insane? So time consuming? So never ending?  Need I go on? You turn in one assignment just to start working on another. You take one exam just to find out that there is another one right around the corner.

I miss my 8 hour workdays from the summer where I could come home and not feel overwhelmed with all the work I have left to do. I suppose you could say that I still have that eight hour work day. Four hours of classes. Four hours of work, but the thing is is that after class, after work... IT'S NOT OVER. Nor will it ever be, until the very last final of the semester is submitted.

On the plus side, it's nice that we can study in the graduate lab. So convenient. So quiet. We could sleep here and no one would ever know. (I'm not really sure if I'm "supposed" to be in here, but... why not? No one else is here except for Darin and I can't let the poor boy study all alone).

Speaking of Darin, he is one HARD WORKING college student. That boy works hard. I mean, REALLY hard. He is studious. He doesn't stop. Doesn't give in or give up (As I let myself do so easily). He's a great example to me.

....Lucky for you, my husband just shouted "I'm DONE!", which means that I am done. Good Night.

Signing out from the SWKT at 12:01am.  Peace.

1 comment:

  1. "You turn in one assignment just to start working on another. You take one exam..."

    The mundanities only continue (i.e. - you mow the lawn just to have the grass grow back; you wash dishes/laundry just to use others and have them need cleaning; you change one diaper just to find another soiled) Need I go on?

    Granted the school work/exams, with their attendant timetables and anticipated outcomes, are slightly more stress inducing than the examples I've just cited. I'm just sayin'...


    Hang in there--I love you both!!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete