Sunday, January 29, 2012

Embarrassed

During our church meeting this morning (Stake Conference) I was pondering on some of the things that the speaker was saying about Mormons in the media. Just sitting there listening...thinking... Darin was next to me with his arm on the back of my chair, his hand moving from my shoulder to being placed against the chair and visa versa (trust me, these are important details).

At one point, I felt Darin brush his fingers across my shoulder and with my left arm/hand I cross my body and start twirling his fingers, brushing my fingers swiftly around his, doing whatever it is you do when your fingers touch those of the one you love. I don't know how long I was doing it when all of a sudden I heard a soft voice next to me say in a whisper, "It's me, it's me." Suddenly I realized that I was NOT playing with Darin's fingers. I was playing with the fingers of the lady sitting two seats down from me trying to get my attention to see if she could borrow my Bible. I TURNED THIS RED.  I let her use my Bible and finished out the rest of the meeting feeling very sheepish sitting next to this middle-aged woman that I had just been flirting with.  EMBARRASSING!! 

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahahahahah! Oh man, I just died laughing!! SO CLASSIC!

    ReplyDelete