Friday, January 13, 2012

Creepy Stalker

Who is the creepy stalker? 


Me. 


Me!


There is always the occasional facebook stalking which we are all victims of doing every now and then. But now I read blogs. Blogs of people I don't even know! But everyone does it, so who cares in the end, right? I guess I'm not that much of a stalker, at least no more than you are. But putting those things aside... This week I realized that our very own BYU quarterback RILEY NELSON is in my Latin-American Literature class!!!!  You know, Riley. Nelson. Number 13.  This one:






I started calling myself a stalker after I saw him at the end of class last Friday and couldn't help but stare. I mean, I've only ever seen him in his football get-up so I wasn't sure if my eyes were playing games on me or not, so I took a few seconds to digest what I was seeing. Stalker? Nooo. I might have occasionally flipped my head around to the NE side of the room, where he was sitting, for the next few classes as well, still trying convince myself that it was 100% him. Stalkerish? Not at all. I mean, I had to be SURE before getting excited and telling all my friends. 


So, you're right. I'm not a stalker. According to dictionary.com a stalker is:

a person who pursues game, prey, or a person stealthily.
definitely was NOT pursuing him stealthily.  (Although, I may have walked behind him and this guy he was talking to for a good 2 minutes after class the other day. But I had my reasons. This was back when I was still trying to figure out if it was really him or not, I obviously wouldn't do it now that I know. Clearly).
A stalker can also be:
a person who harasses another person, as a former lover, afamous person, etc., in an aggressive, often threatening and illegal manner.

Nope. Not a stalker. Pheeewww. I surely haven't and don't plan to harass him, and aggressive? Come on people. I am NOT aggressive. 


And just for the record, I'm not creepy either:
 pertaining to, or characteristic of a person who is a creep obnoxious; weird.
So I may be a little "weird" at times, but not the creepy weird. Not cool.


Back to my story and my non-stalkerish habits....As I was not pursuing Mr. Nelson the other day as a not stalker, just semi-randomly walking behind him after class (I might have had to push through just a few people to get in hearing range), I hear him say something to his buddy about working out his schedule with a certain class and FOOTBALL.  ***Ding Ding Ding*** I knew it was him. 


And if that didn't settle the issue, today in class certainly did as our professor took role for the first time (since half the class was missing due to the long weekend). "Nelson."  "Here." Confirmation.


Riley Nelson is in my Lit class. He sat in front of me today (good thing I didn't move over to sit on the other side of class where he usually sits so that I could try and talk to him like I was thinking about doing).  Did I talk to him? Of course not.


New goal: Talk to Riley Nelson by the end of the semester. 


But what do you say to the kid?!  "Hi Riley. My husband is the biggest BYU fan you've ever seen!" ...."Hi Riley. Man, that pass in the Utah State game, wow, I mean, WOW. Talk about LUCKY." .... "Hi Riley. I used to always get mad when people chanted your name while Jake was playing and was upset when Bronco would put you in, but you've won my little football heart over." .... "Hi Riley. I don't think you should cut your hair either."   ????!!!!!?????!!!!   What's a girl to do? 


Enjoy it. I'll just enjoy being in the presence of a star, which just about makes me a star myself. I remember back in the day, going to the Orioles Fan Fair and seeing my favorite baseball players in person, Cal Ripken, Brady Anderson, Melvin Mora, Chris Richards, Mike Bordick, etc. I got to sit right next to Mike Bordick and get my picture taken with him and boy did I feel COOOOOL.  I still do.  


Now I just need to figure out how to get Tim Tebow and Juanes on my "Seen in Person Celebrity List".  May be a little more difficult... 



No comments:

Post a Comment