Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Job

I have the best college job that a girl could ask for.

For those of you who don't already know, I work at the MTC (Missionary Training Center) where all of the little newly called missionaries come before hitting the "real world", aka, Vegas, New York, Guatemala, Chile, Spain, Los Angeles, Phoenix, La Republica Dominicana, Canada, San Antonio.....etc.....Columbia...etc....Miami....etc. 

Basically they get the wonderful privilege of coming to the MTC for 9 weeks where they learn Spanish and other helpful teaching skills before flying off to their respective areas where they have been called to serve for the next 22 months/16 months of their lives. It's awesome.

I LOVE MY JOB.

Why do I love my job?

1. Spanish
2. I get to meet so many different people, from different parts of the country, with different backgrounds and life stories. 
3. I get to work with said amazing people daily and see them progress so quickly while learning to turn to the Lord in everything they do.
4. I get to remember my mission. 
5. Sometimes I think I learn more than they missionaries do, they teach me so much.
6. I get to share my testimony of the gospel daily and help others understand how great their calling is.

My 3rd district just left on Friday. It's always a little bittersweet when a district leaves. It's good that they leave. They have greater things to do and people who need to meet them, but it's hard because I get attached to them. They're like mis hijos! (my children!). You see them progress so much and they can finally start conversing with you in Espanish and then....they leave :(. Not gonna lie, I got super attached to this last district, but I'm so excited for them to be out in the field. They are great missionaries. 


My very first district. We were together for only 4 weeks, but these guys are AWESOME. They have now been in Oaxaca and Mexico City, MX for a good 4-5 months now.

My second district. I was so excited to have a class with Hermanas! These kids have now currently been serving for about 3 months in FL, TN, CA, WA, NV and TX.

My last district. (Not the best picture of any of us, but I guess this is bound to happen when 10 cameras are snapping all at once). They wore green ties this day b/c they know it's my favorite color and they even gave me that green scarf I'm wearing as a good-bye present. So sweet! Some of the nicest people I have ever met. They are super caring. They just left on Friday and are in Vegas and Houston while waiting for their Visas so they can go to Mexico.

I was with this last district for a total of TEN weeks. Probably why I'm so attached to them. They waited an extra week at the MTC for their Visas before getting reassigned. The other 2 districts I was only with for 5 and 6 weeks...  But I still love each and every one of them. Great people. Great representatives of our Savior. I love them SssssoooOOOSSsOoOo much.

Pray for the missionaries! They could all use our prayers :).

No comments:

Post a Comment