Friday, October 25, 2013

Wedding Dress

I let one of the Young Women in the Williamsburg ward borrow my dress for YW in Excellence this week. She interviewed me about my wedding, why I wanted a temple marriage and about some details from that day and then she shared some of those things during the activity. 

My dress is 3rd from the left.
It was fun to pull my dress out and see her in it. While at the activity I reflected back on our wedding day: The not sleeping the night before because I was so anxious and instead texting Darin while talking to my best girls all night who I was rooming with at the hotel. The arriving at the temple, meeting Darin in the parking lot and knowing that it would be the last time that I met up with him as his fiance. The sitting in the empty celestial room, just me and Darin, about to be sealed. The sealing. The family and friends that surrounded us. The Darin staring at me grinning over the alter. The me trying not to be emotional but not being able to hold back a few tears of joy there in the sealing room. The hot hot hot sun melting us while taking pictures. The quick run to McDonalds to grab a hamburger after the temple because we were STARVING. The driving away as Mr. and Mrs. Self. The air conditioning being broken at the reception. The food being forgotten. The toasts. The first dance. The friends that I hadn't seen in so long. It was a crazy day, but a beautiful, special day that I will never forget. It's one of my favorite days to remember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment