Sunday, April 1, 2012

It's the Freakin' Weekin'

"...baby I'm about to have me some fun."

Or should I say, I already HAD me some fun. Let me share.

I guess you could say that the weekend sort-of started on Thursday night. Sort-of. I mean, we still had school and Darin still worked on Friday, but we don't normally go out and do crazy things on a school night, which is exactly what we did on Thursday night, thus my calling it a "sort-of" beginning of the weekend.

My mother-in-law and sister-in-law came down to Provo to watch the BYU men's volleyball game Thursday night (they really just wanted to hang out with us, pretty sure the volleyball game was just an excuse. Putting aside the fact that they are both really big volleyball fans...).

The game was fun. We won. 3 set's in a row.  Ra-ra-ra-ra-ra. Goooo Cougars!











Creepiest thing of the evening were these fliers that men in black suits with sunglasses and earpieces were handing out. I think I was being taped when I grabbed the flier from a man and made a funny face. Not cool.

Coolest thing of the night was the little blonde mop headed kid below doing the worm. They did a kid dance off and this kid has some serious SWAG. Every time the MC yelled "GO", he got right down on the ground and started worming it out. It was awesome.


Then, Saturday morning we got up bright and early and took our friend Eric with us up to Salt Lake City to watch General Conference. We watched the first session at Amelia's (My wonderful S-I-L) and then went to the actual conference center for the second session. It's only my 2nd time going to General Conference and I loved it. It's so fun to be in that beautiful building with so many people and listen to the wonderful words of the prophet and apostles. I loved it. It was extra special because 5 of the missionaries that I currently teach in the MTC were in the choir! It was so fun to look for them. They are awesome.







Finished off the weekend with a very nice relaxing Sunday spent with my darling here at home watching conference. For all of you dying to know, my favorite talk (although it is kind of hard to choose b/c they were all so good, but this one stood out the most to me) was Elder Hallstroms talk given Saturday morning. He talked about the difference between being converted to the church and the gospel. SO GOOD. Our conversion to the gospel is completely personal and so special. Everyday is a part of that conversion process. I love learning more about the simple truths of the gospel of Jesus Christ, His doctrine, the one and only way to eternal happiness :). What a great, uplifting weekend spent with family and friends while listening to the Lord's servants. The only thing that could have made it better was having my side of the family out here to share it with us as well, but the phone calls were nice :).

No comments:

Post a Comment