Friday, October 31, 2014

Pun-kin

Whoa! Where has October gone?! 

I broke my goal of once a week blogging last week.  It was a busy week.  This week has been busy too (so many edits come in at the end of the month!).  But I figure I'd better get these pumpkin pictures up now or they may never go up. 

We took the ferry across the river (Darin's first time!) and went to College Run Farms.  The weather was perfect and the pumpkin ice cream was unreal.  The wind on the ferry was pretty legit too.





Shae learned how to say pumpkin the week before.  It was so cute to see how excited he was to see all the "pun-kins" and watch him run up to them.

He chose his pumpkin.  Darin helped him cut it off and then he tried to carry it to the car.  Didn't make it very far.





Crazy what a year can do to a kid.  

 

A few days later we invited the missionaries and some neighbors over to carve with us.  Our neighbors are from Honduras/El Salvador and have never experienced an "American" Halloween before.  We had a blast picking the pumpkins with them and were excited to show them what we do with the pumpkins once they've been picked. We also introduced them to pumpkin pie. More of a Thanksgiving treat, but it still seemed to fit well with the theme for the evening.


Shae got his hair cut in between, in case you couldn't tell.  I loved that his curls were coming back, but his hair was so uneven from the dreadful first haircut. I wanted to try and even it out before letting it grow out. This time we had an expert friend standing by my side, coaching me through the whole thing. Thank goodness. He still screamed bloody murder. Not even Frozen or a lollipop helped. Poor kid. It was harder for me this time too because he has words now. I felt so bad strapping  him in his seat while he looked up at me with tears in his eyes saying, "Done, done, up, done."



 I told them to smile and this is what they gave me. It works.

The master at work. 



Pretty awesome if you ask me.

 This was my pumpkin.  Our neighbor actually carved it for me while I helped his kids so I can't take any credit for it. Besides choosing it of course.

Can't wait to trick-or-treat tonight! I promise I won't wait two weeks before putting the pictures up.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment