Monday, January 14, 2013

You Can Do It!!


Philip's Christmas present just arrived last week. He got me this pregnancy workout DVD. I was pretty excited about it when I opened it (I like trying out new workout videos almost as much as I like trying new flavors of certain foods, which is a lot in case you didn't know). Plus, I've been struggling to work out as of late because there is only so much i can do, AND the cold has become a pretty good excuse to not work out. 

There are obviously A LOT of differences between my pre-pregnancy workout DVD's and this DVD (namely, not having a bowling ball attached to your gut). 
Allow me share my favorite difference:

Jillian Micheals: "Don't stop. This is when it really counts. Don't give up now. You feel that burn, that's what's gonna make the difference. Don't you dare stop now. Push through that pain." 

Lindsay Brin: "If you need to stop, just stop. Don't push yourself. Get some water, relax and when you feel comfortable, jump back in. No pressure."

Maybe this is only funny to me, but I was cracking up during the workout today listening to Lindsay tell me to stop whenever I wanted to, to get a drink, relax for a minute and then come back. haha. Obviously I understand the reason for the difference, and I appreciated it (considering I had to stop and relax a few times), I just couldn't get Jillian yelling at me to push through the pain out of my head. I think I'm going to enjoy this. I better! How often do you get to work out with someone telling you NOT to push yourself and to stop whenever you want? That will come back soon enough so I'd better live up this pregnancy workout for as long as I can (3ish more weeks!).

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I was doing my Jillian Michaels' DVD the yesterday and she scares me when she's like, "You can't work out for 20 minutes and take a break!!"

    ReplyDelete