Monday, September 21, 2020

My Birthday

I had to work at the library until 7 on my birthday eve, but the fam was super sweet and stayed up and made pizza for me so that we could still do our pizza/movie night birthday eve tradition. We watched half of Animal Crackers on Netflix and we have yet to finish the second half, needless to say, it wasn't our favorite. The pizza and company were pretty great though.
For my birthday we went to Watkins Glen. We haven't been back here since our first summer in Ithaca so it was a real treat doing this beautiful hike again. 







There is an Olympic sized pool at the park that we played in after hiking. 
When we got home, Darin grilled up a delicious meal for me.


And then we ate cake. Darin has made me a cheesecake of some sort for as long as I can remember, but this year I was really craving a  Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake, one that a good friend (who is a cake making wizard) made a few times and I fell in love with it. She has since moved away, so I figured it was about time I tried making the cake myself. 


We ended the night playing Rummikub (one of the presents that I received) with our dear friends Melissa and Kim. It was the perfect day. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this. and that cake looks so good. Every year for my B-day I have a Chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. Although this year it was in cupcake form, it was good but I missed the cake because then I could put some in the freezer for later to enjoy. Maybe next year:)

    ReplyDelete