Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Pregnancy Update

I've done a horrendous job at documenting anything about this pregnancy. I've barely taken any pictures. The past few weeks I've tried to remember to take some, so let's just consider this my official pregnancy numero dos update.

19 Weeks...so funny to look back to this. I remember feeling so fat here...

~1st Trimester was very similar to my first pregnancy. Exhaustion. Nausea. The nausea would go away for a bit if I ate something, so I felt like I was constantly snacking. I threw up about five times, all after/during poopy diaper changes. Stinky smells, I could not handle them. That was the same with Shae's pregnancy, except I was not changing poopy diapers then. That complicated things a bit this time around.

~I felt the baby move much sooner this time around, at about 16/17 weeks I started to notice movement.

~I was sure we were having a boy until my 12 week ultrasound. The tech said that she was 80% sure it was a girl. From that moment on I still suspected that we were having a boy, but I started to really WANT a girl.

28 Weeks

~2nd trimester was awesome. I felt great. High Energy. No nausea. I went running a few times a week in preparation for our Thanksgiving 5K (which turns out to be the last time I went running...)

~I transferred care providers and am now seeing a group of midwives up in Richmond. I really did not like my birth experience/recovery with Shae AT ALL so we're gonna try things a bit differently this time. Maybe I'll love it, maybe I'll hate it. Only time will tell. 

32 Weeks
~3rd trimester pretty much sucks. It sucked during my 1st pregnancy and is sucking it up again. Man, it's uncomfortable. Pelvic pressure is whipping me. I didn't have that with Shae until the very end but it's been pretty bad down yonder for a few months now. Sleeping is rough. It's so hard to get comfortable and then to stay asleep when I am comfortable.

~One of the worst things with Shae's pregnancy was the numbness in my hands. Thankfully, that hasn't happened, yet. I still have a few more weeks to go so I'm not banking on it not happening, but grateful that it hasn't happened yet.

~With Shae I was super hot for months. Driving up to Idaho for Christmas, I rolled down my window in the freezing cold because I was so hot. I kept our house at 60 degrees all winter (poor poor Darin). That is just now kicking in this pregnancy. Lucky for Darin, we have Shae, so I won't let him freeze like I let Darin freeze, but I be REAL hot at times.

34 Weeks

~I never really had any cravings with Shae. This time around I've been craving Blue Bell ice cream (not a ton, but usually I'd take a baked good over ice cream. Not these days).  Also, within the past week I've really been craving Cherry Coke, like, to the point where Darin has gone out to get me some. I've never sent him out to get me anything before (pregnancy-craving-related that is), but he's gone out to get Coke and Ice Cream for me within the past few weeks. Of course he benefits from this as well, so no complaining on his part.

35 Weeks
~I gained 60 lbs. with Shae. Not proud of it, but it's the cold hard truth. I'm right about at 40 lbs. weight gain this time around...with some weeks to go...

~I had TONS of heartburn with Shae. I get it occasionally, but not nearly as often. However, I constantly feel like I can't breathe this time around and that my ribs are breaking because this little girl keeps pushing up.

36 Weeks
Last night we went up to Richmond and did a tour of the Labor & Delivery/recovery areas. I loved every second of it. I'm getting excited for labor. I feel so much more excited to meet our baby this time than I did the first. The first time I was excited because it was all new and I did not know what to expect, but this time I feel different. I feel like now that I have Shae, I know what a new baby will bring into our lives (the good AND the bad), but really I'm just excited to see HER, to hold HER, just to meet my daughter in general.

Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment