Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Real Men Wear Pink

Sometimes. 

Apparently there is okay pink and not okay pink. 

Yesterday while at a friends house Shae decided to squeeze water from a sippy cup all over himself while I wasn't looking. He was SOAKING wet and I didn't have a change of clothes for him. Luckily my friends baby is only a month younger than Shae so finding clothes to stick him in wasn't a problem. Not so lucky for Shae, his little friend just so happens to be a girl.

This was the least amount of pink that she could find for him. He wasn't thrilled.


(Haha! He looks like such a little girl to me in these pictures! Amazing what a little pink and flowers can do to a baby).

Darin wasn't too thrilled about it either. He walked in the door, looked at Shae and then turned to me and said, "Why is our SON wearing pink?" He immediately went upstairs and pulled out a new onsie for Shae to change into. It was classic.

So apparently little pink lace around the neck with flowers is NOT okay but a pink button-up onsie for church IS okay. Seems like a bit of a double standard to me but then I don't really like pink in the first place so we'll continue to let daddy be the judge of "okay" pink and "not okay" pink for our masculine boy cub.


No comments:

Post a Comment