Friday, January 31, 2014

Lately (Part II)

I have a feeling that there might be a lot of  these "Lately" posts. I seem to have lost all creativity and can only think to do post updates with big lists of things going on. Perhaps it's just a phase...whatever it is I'm sure it'll be fun to remember all these little things some day.

**One afternoon, Shae refusing to take his nap. I hear him playing and then all of a sudden screaming. I run up to check on him and the first thing I see when I open the door is blood on the crib railing. I found a nice puncture in his tongue so he must have just bitten himself but it sure did give me a nice scare.

**Changing Shae's dirty diaper in the morning I find a pebble-marble thing (one of those crafty things that people put at the bottom of vases for decoration) smack dab in the middle of the stinky. He had been playing with some of them with some little boys getting into things the previous day. I thought I had watched him well enough with them but apparently I hadn't. Poor digestive system. Explains why he woke up so many times during the night. 

**Had my friend from Costa Rica over with some other mama's so that she could teach us how to make Arroz con Leche (Rice Pudding, or literally "Rice with Milk" and I mean MUCHO milk. Holy smokes. Regular milk, evaporated milk, sweeten condensed milk...No wonder mine never turned out very creamy before). It was delicious. We taught her how to make lemon bars which is one of my favorite desserts. Also delicious. 

**Branch party/farewell for a few missionaries at the Stake Presidents house. 

**Family Disney dance parties (Darin might deny this but he totally gets his modern dance on to some good ol' "Whole New World"). We're on a Disney kick as of late. Thank you Youtube for making this possible. Also, we haven't even seen Frozen yet but we are addicted to the soundtrack. So good. I mean, listen to this song and tell me that it doesn't make you want to jump up and start doing a dramatic contemporary number made up on the spot. 

**New recipes for the past two weeks: Kaitlyn's Savory Chicken Bites (She used to make these for Darin for his birthday because he liked them so much. It was finally time for me to make them too. This will definitely be a regular from now on. Yuuumy). Baby Banana Cookies, not bad, Shae liked them anyways. And then this Crock Pot Vegetable Ziti that I LOVED. These recipes were much more successful than the first two weeks recipes.

**Me thinking I was intense enough to try level 3 of Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred. I got R-O-C-K-E-D. Like, bad. Embarrassing. I was ashamed to look into Jillian's eyes again a few days later when I went back down to level 2. 

**Shae and I went to WISC (Williamsburg Indoor Sports Complex) for the first time last week with a friend. They have a day where the gym is open for toddlers so we thought we'd check it out. Shae isn't really a "toddler" yet and was one of the few that couldn't walk yet but he still seemed to love it.




No comments:

Post a Comment