Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thanksgiving vs. Christmas

Thanksgiving is Thursday. My entire life I've told people that Christmas is my favorite holiday. I've decided to change my favorite holiday. Thanksgiving is it my friends. I am SO excited for Thanksgiving. I love cooking and eating delicious food and that is what Thanksgiving is all about right? I guess it's reeeeeally about being grateful and I am very grateful for good food. MMmmmm. Can you imagine this life without food? It makes things so much more fun.

I also love Thankgiving because it is the beginning of the Christmas season which I LOVE. I don't really love Christmas day. It's not as exciting as it was as a kid and then once it's over all the lights go down, the Christmas music/movies stop, the yummy minty food is gone. Christmas day is kind of sad for me. Maybe having kids will change that a little, but for right now I will enjoy Thanksgiving and everyday up until Christmas mucho.

Also...I'm learning that I'm not very good at buying gifts and saving them until Christmas. Remember that train that I bought at the thrift store? Well, I was planning to let Shae play with it for a few days and then take it away until Christmas. Nope. It's still out in the living room. Also, I found these magnets on Amazon for $3 and thought it would be a perfect Christmas present. Of course when they arrived I couldn't help myself, I opened them right up and put them all over the fridge and Shae has played with them EVERY day since I got them. It keeps him busy while I'm in the kitchen which is aaawwwwesssome. Apparently I'm not very good at this Christmas thing.




My family is driving down tonight. We're having Thanksgiving dinner at our house for the first time ever. We're so grown up. I guess we'll see after Thursday if Thanksgiving is still my favorite holiday. Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment