Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

You know that question that someone is bound to ask you on your birthday, the one that goes something like this: "So Brillante, do you feel  older today than you did yesterday." "Of course not," is my normal response. You can't just feel older over night. 

I was wrong. There's something about being on the other side of 25 that just feels old. Twenty-six. It sounds old. It feels old. In fact, I think I may even have a few wrinkles and gray hairs that I didn't have yesterday.

Besides the fact that I've climbed the hill enough to start feeling "old," my birthday was very nice. We were at my families house for the weekend (saying goodbye to Anna-sad!). My birthday fell on a Sunday we spent the morning at church, the middle of the day eating yummy food and cake and the afternoon/evening driving back to Virginia (trying to soothe a sad teething baby on a long car drive = difficult).

Darin was a sweetheart and made sure to extend my birthday to Monday. As soon as he got home from work we hopped in the car and were on our way to the massage that he had secretly booked me. Wonderful. Afterwards we went and got Greek food. Fantastic. After stopping at the Red Box on the way home, we finished off the evening by watching 42 (well, we watched half of it anyways. this baby of ours...I just can't seem to stay awake for an entire movie anymore. I'm back to my pre-Mrs. Self movie watching self). Awesome movie.

And now, I'm 26. 

Side note: (The massage was under Darin's name when he booked. We walk in to the spa and the lady sees Darin holding Shae and says, "Oh boy, I bet that you are the reason that daddy needs a massage aren't you?" haha! Maybe this is only funny to me but I was cracking up as Darin kindly corrected her and told her that he was the reason that I needed a massage. It was great).

No comments:

Post a Comment