Monday, December 18, 2017

November Little Things

Snagged some pics from my moms facebook of the kids decorating job.

 I've wanted to throw a Chocolate Chip Cookie party for a few years now, to find THE one, the best, the most wonderfully perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie. I have a couple recipes myself that I love but have never made them at the same time so as to taste the cookies right next to each other (which is obviously what you need to do in order to find THE ONE). One of my friends here is just as much of a CCC lover as I am, and she is sadly moving soon so we had to have this party before she left rather than waiting for National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day or something classy like that (May 15th, in case you were wondering).

We ended up having 9 different chocolate chip cookies. We used score cards which we scored based on flavor, appearance, and texture. 

 There were so many cookies that we each just took little pieces of them to compare so that we wouldn't kill ourselves.
 Lilluna's recipe took first. This recipe that I made took second. But honestly, I think this was my personal favorite. My CCC loving co-host of the party friend made them and I made them the week after the party and they were so so good. And then there is still a special place in my heart for the recipe that has been my number one recipe for four years now. So instead of finding THE one and only best of the best CCC recipe, I now have like, five recipes that I will have to decide between when I make cookies. What have I done!? But honestly, can't wait to try the Lilluna recipe myself. That really was an amazing cookie. 

The kids watching a movie while their parents stuff their faces with all the cookies. 
 Scored big on after Halloween dress up/future costumes (if they last that long). The little Darth Vader and big Storm Trooper are killing me. So cute. And Belén has worn her Rapunzel dress daily since I gave it to her. Little girl dress up dreams coming true over here. It took all I had within me to stash the Belle dress away in my closet to give it to her for her birthday. But seriously guys, after Halloween shopping is the perfect time for dress up shopping. The kids costumes were $3 each and Darin's was $5, full price $55. Heck yes.
 Decorating our house while watching the Sesame Street Motab Christmas concert. (Belén wearing this green dress we snagged from a hand-me-down bag. She calls it her mermaid dress and alternates it with the Rapunzel dress).
 I came out from the back one day to find her with her tummy pressed up against the table. I asked her what she was doing and she slowly got up and with the sweetest little smile said, "I drawing."
 Family lunch date at Circus Truck with the most amazing Plantain Steak Sandwich. 

Play date with friends. I just love how in to dress up these kids are. Super Panda, Bumblebee Boy, Captain America, and Super Rapunzel (note the cape :). Ba Ba Ba Baaaa.
Jamming out on their stage.

 The kids are always pointing out who they are in every movie and book. It kind of drives me crazy when we're reading that they have to say (on just about every page mind you) "That's me!" (I've had to ask them to only say it once per book because the every page thing was driving me bonkers). Anyway...so one day I walk out to find them in the living room pointing at the choir saying "That's me!" "And that's me!" Ohhhh so cute.
  Toddler school snack time (missing one of our little friends who was sick). These kiddos are so much fun.
 Our new playground was FINALLY thrown up last month. They cleared the area out a year or so ago and we've been waiting and waiting and waiting ever since. Not necessarily the best timing with it going up in November, but it will be so nice to have it come spring. 


 She ran out of my room with my workout shorts on saying "I go running! Come on mom!"

No comments:

Post a Comment