Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Birthday Weekend

Is it just me or does 27 sound SO much older than 26?

My birthday weekend started out a little differently than I would have thought.  Saturday morning looked a little something like this:



I think we are not meant to have a car this summer.  Maybe we should look into some good bikes...

The story is pretty simple. I was going to pick up a friend who was selling her car and needed a ride home. Yellow light. I slow down. I stop. I get hit. The end. Needless to say, I did not give my friend a ride home. The car was towed away where it waited to be inspected by an adjuster from the other dude's insurance.  

My actual birthday on Monday was spent talking to the adjuster, the body shop about estimates and a rental car company. We were told that it will take about 3 weeks to get it back, so we are now driving a newer, nicer Camry that is going to make going back to our Camry a bit hard.  But can I just say how smoothly this entire process has gone. I was pretty nervous that I was gonna have to fight with people to make sure that we didn't pay a dime (I've never had this happen before so I really didn't know the procedure). We have been taken care of SO well thus far. The other insurance company has been great. So far I've had to pay $1 to the rental car company because they needed a card on file just in case I run away with the car or something like that. If all I have to pay in the end is $1 I will be very happy. I considered all of this to be a pretty awesome birthday gift (besides the initial accident of course, but how smoothly everything has gone since).


My apologies to anyone driving down Jefferson Ave. Saturday morning...

We didn't let the car situation ruin our evening plans. Luckily, we had planned our birthday date as a double so our friends were kind enough to drive. We first went to Tucanos and used our buy one get one free birthday certificate (!! Who would have thought that out of the 10 Tucanos in the nation that there would be one half an hour away from us! We were so surprised when we found out). Then we went southwest just a little ways further where we watched the Norfolk Tides (Orioles AAA minor league team) take on the Gwinnett Braves (Braves AAA minor league team). It was fun watching this game because we'd seen a handful of the players play in the majors and were slightly familiar with them, unlike other minor league games we've been to. The stadium was really big. It was so beautiful with the water in the background and Navy ships all around the area.


Monday was pretty chill. I spent the day with my teething toddler. Darin got me the second season of Dr. Quinn Medicine Women and I made Shae watch an episode with me. As I squealed through the sappy Sully/Dr. Mike moments he would look up at me in utter confusion.  

That evening we had some friends over to eat cheesecake and play games.  




Great action shot right there, with Ezra helping me the whole way. Sarah made me a divine Raspberry Chocolate Cheesecake.  It was the perfect way to finish off the birthday celebration. I am one lucky lady. 

No comments:

Post a Comment