Sunday, August 26, 2012

Scott and Laura's Wedding

I think that 2 ½ months away from the blog is a sufficient break. Time to get back at it. I would promise more blog posts in the near future but we all know what happened last time I did that (ie. My last blog post made that promise… embarrassing!).   But not so embarrassing that I just spelled embarrassing correctly for the first time in my life. I was waiting for the red squiggles to come, and they didn’t!!  That’s right, I’m graduating college this year. Don’t hate.

So I won’t promise you LOTS of posts, rather, I’ll promise you a few days of vacation posts. I know, I know, really not cool on my part, but school starts tomorrow, gimme a break will ya?

We flew out to PA on the 9th of August. RED EYE. I would take the red eye any day. I hate losing an entire day traveling, but I could care less about the night. Too bad Delta freaking stinks at leaving on time. How do you leave an hour late when your plane is supposed to leave at 1am? What else is going on at that time?

We got to Detroit about 15 minutes before our connecting flight was supposed to leave and were nowhere close to our next gate. (These Delta workers sure didn’t know how to comfort me either, not impressed). We RANNNNNNNN to the gate (I thought I was going to die running behind Darin, I must have looked like a complete idiot). Got there just to find out that this flight was ALSO delayed due to a bathroom maintenance issue on the plane (not exactly something you want to find out about the plane you are about to board).  In the end, we made it to Harrisburg where my sweet mother was waiting patiently to pick us up.

The very next day, we left for Maryland, still a wee bit sleep deprived… 



Luckily we slept beautifully in a cool hotel room on Friday night and were able to enjoy Scott and Laura's wonderful wedding without interruption. The wedding ceremony took place at Burba Lake. It was short, sweet and to the point and now they are MAWEEED. Here's the pictures to prove it.

Waitingggggg

Look at that best man!! Don't you just want to squeeze him!!





Just for the record, Matt is holding LAURA'S bouquet... not his own.








They had their reception at the exact same place that we did just a year and a few months ago. It was nice being there again and without the stress of my own wedding. Lucky for them, the air conditioning worked!! I'm allowed to be just a teensy bit jealous right? Well, I was, maybe I even still am, but I sure am glad it was working this time around.

They had a beautiful Hawiian themed reception with delicious pulled pork, sweet potatoes, hawiian rice, chicken, rolls, fruit salad etc. etc. and the most FABULOUS meatballs in the world. YUM. There were fun toasts (A.J. was so great!!), bouquet and garter throwing, tons of dancing and the incredible cake by Lisa Evans (she is a master! She made our cake too and I was so excited to hear that she was also making theirs).











I already miss these boys SO much!!
Stephanie caught the bouquet, A.J. caught the garter. Do I hear wedding bells??

The entire family together. Hasn't happened in 5 years. It was great.

Darin and Scott moshing. haha...it was pretty hilarious


Back at the hotel after a LOONG but wonderful day
Congratulations again to Scott and Laura! We are so happy for you two! Being married is the ssshhhhiizzzzz. We love it, in case you somehow missed that memo...

Have a wonderful life together!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment