Monday, March 23, 2020

December Little Things

Ohhh heeeey. To continue with the blog or not to continue with the blog, that is the question. 

The blog has clearly taken a back seat on my list of priorities, but I really love having it as an easy resource to keep track of our family stuff and it's always so fun to look at after the fact... so for now, I'll keep doing what I can. Who knows what the future holds. And since life has sloooooowed down a bit the past couple of weeks, seems like a good time to try and catch up on some posts.

I had high hopes of getting family pictures taken and doing the whole Christmas card thing, but it only partially happened. My sister snapped a few pics of us at my parents house over Thanksgiving and I bought about 20 Target Christmas cards in the dollar spot ($3 spot if we're being honest) and sent them out to just about family only. Better than nothing, right? 


 Super snowy 2 days that started out like this...
 And ended like this... When Cornell closes and the buses stop running up the hill, you know it's a lot of snow for upstate NY.


 Our grateful tree from November.

 One of my favorite sights as a mother. 
 Enjoying their explorer hats from grandma.
 How long will the sleep walking last? Well, this was December and it is now March and I can easily say that it has been a couple months since he graced us with his sleepy presence at 9:30 p.m. Now a days it's more like 9:30 and we hear him from his room, "I cannnnn't sleep."
 Belén has been SUPER in to cooking. So much so that she named our kitchen aid, Rose Oil Make Self. Rose (b/c she's red) Oil (b/c we were adding oil to the recipe) Make (b/c she makes stuff) Self (self-explanatory). 
 17ish weeks
 She wants to be a woman oh so badly. Apparently wearing a bra is what makes it happen.
 Self-entertainment at sister's swimming lessons. Having a kid that can read is just the greatest invention ever.
 Playing "santa" one morning with this sweet girl. This is her sled full of presents.
 My turn!
 Belén's preschool Christmas party. She made these cute cookies with daddy (Oreos dipped in white or milk chocolate with a teddy graham on top).

 Her excitement to have me at the party, singing Christmas carols with her class was the sweetest thing.
 With Mrs. S.
 Favorite school lunch art challenge. (It's PB&J btw, he will take nothing but that).
 Poor Belén had such a bad cold for the last few weeks in November and just about all of December. After a few weeks of sickness we took her in to make sure it was just a cold (it was). She brought sleepy bear with her to help her be comfortable at the appointment.

Belén asked me one day if she could use the "princess cup" to drink her juice with lunch. She kindly told me that it would be great if there were a lime or lemon wedge on it and I just couldn't say no. She is at such an adooooorable stage right now.  
 She is OBSESSED with the Whatever After book series and would listen to them nonstop if we let her. The best part is when we catch her acting the stories out. Here she is listening to the Little Mermaid retelling story. Once I found her with playing cards out while listening to the Alice in Wonderland retelling. The story said something to the affect of "the card flew threw the air" and I see Belén holding the card up in the air and running down the hall with it. She wears cleats when the character in the story wears his cleats, she does her hair in a high ponytail when the main girl has a high ponytail, and she has started eating ketchup on lot of weird things b/c the main boy LOVES ketchup on everything. The cuteness. I die. 
 Trying to get some energy out on these cold days, so we tried out the open gym time with our favorite red-headed friend. I love that everyone thinks they are twins when they are together.


 21ish weeks...I think.

NYE early countdown and party games with the kids.  Shae was apparently the only one who really got in to the countdown... 

No comments:

Post a Comment