Friday, July 20, 2018

May Little Things

Had a wonderful Mother's Day. These kids pampered me with cards, a plant from Shae's school, a yummy bacon and egg breakfast, and a delicious Greek Gyro dinner. In the afternoon we took a stroll around the Botanical Gardens hoping that some of the flowers may have bloomed. It was still a little chilly for that, but we enjoyed our walk nonetheless.
 Mom moments



Couldn't let the opportunity pass by to take some pictures of the kids with their daddy too.

Final book club of the school year before everyone moves away. It has been so fun discussing books and podcasts with these ladies each month. I especially love our last book club of the year, a white elephant book exchange. I love seeing all the books that everyone loves enough to bring to the exchange. This year I brought I Will Always Write Back.
For the past year I have been trying to figure out what to do with Belén's hair. It has been mostly curly, with one big long straight part at the back. My philosophy was to keep letting it grow out and it would even out at some point, but that did not seem to be happening. So one day we went in for Shae to get his hair cut at the Cosmetology school at Boces (vocational school where Shae goes to preschool). While he was getting his hair cut I asked one of the teachers what she thought about Belén's hair (pleading within that she could help me). She took one look at it and said, "Let's trim up this straight part of baby hair and I bet you anything it'll go curly." She grabbed her scissors and trimmed it up and just like that, her hair was fixed! 

I wish I had a before picture but it all happened so fast, I didn't even think to take one there! But here's what I did with it most days to keep it from looking too crazy. The straight part went up in a pony.
She pretty much just pulled it all together and trimmed it up. Why didn't I do this months ago!?

She also put some curling agent in her hair which made it SO curly! And of course we couldn't go to the Cosmetology school and not get our nails done. 

I still don't know what to do with this curly hair most days, but I sure am glad that long straight section is no more.
Building a shoe shelf with dad.

Doing her best to wish summer weather to come (note that there are no leaves on the trees still). She asked me to fill up the pot and the sled for her to play in. Didn't last too long since it was definitely not warm enough for a bathing suit.

That late afternoon hour is a tough one for this busy girl.
We had a day that hit the 70s and you better believe we took advantage of it and went right to the beach. The water was freeeeeezing, but the kids had a blast playing in the sand.


No comments:

Post a Comment