Wednesday, June 12, 2013

4 Months

I just had one of those oh-my-goodness-my-baby-is-growing-so-fast-moments. Like, JUST. I haven't had one until just now. The baby boy has been growing quite nicely and I've been enjoying it. Nothing too drastic happening. A smile here, an almost laugh there. A little scootch here, a short holding on to a toy there. And then BAM! I JUST  felt it.

Today.

Like...10 minutes ago. 

I felt it when I realized that every time I look down at my son he is on a different side, belly or back. He's slowly been figuring out how to roll over all week. Usually he ends up stuck like this:

 photo DSC01744_zpsc9281fa5.jpg
With one of his arms plastered under his body and can't seem to figure out how to get off of it. He would lay like that for a few minutes and then just push back onto his back because the arm makes it pretty easy to roll right back over.

BUTTTTTTT, all of a sudden today, he's all over the place! 

Not only that, but I finally opened up the 3-6 month clothing drawer and have started putting him in those clothes rather than the 0-3 month clothes. I think that was the kicker. He really is getting bigger. He really is changing. Overnight people. (But seriously, let's just talk for a second about how awesome it would be to open up a new drawer of fresh, never-worn-before clothes every few months. I would be down for that).

Okay...

I apologize for the super long intro on this four month post but I had to have my mommy moment. And now it's done. Period.

 photo 4months_zps20d6bc5e.jpg

Weight: 15 lbs. 5 oz.
Height: 23.5 inches

At 4 months Shae:

~Can roll over!

~Still can't seem to figure out how to hold on to his pacifier (not for lack of not wanting to...)

~Seems to be sleeping worst each month. (We went from one night time wake up at two months to two nightly wake ups at three months to seriously-I -can't-handle-you-waking-up-four-or-five-times-a night-and-this-has-stop-soon at four months).

~Finally has somewhat of a nap schedule! (Night sleep might be awful but we seem to finally be figuring out day sleep. Yay!)

~Nurses SO fast. Like 5 to 10 minutes. (I never thought I would say this, but I kind of miss the 20 minute feedings that would allow me to watch some TV shows on Netflix guilt-free of wasting my time. Now I just get it turned on and he's almost done).

~Is still a drooling monster. (Like, bad).

 photo DSC01681_zpscd459f16.jpg

Upgraded to the big bathtub. He loves kicking off of the bottom of the tub and sliding around in the water. Who knew that watching a kid take a bath could be so entertaining. (I mean look at that face! Does it not just scream pure joy and splash happiness?)

 photo Censored_zps43a5adeb.jpg

Happy 4 months Mister! 

(And here's to hoping that we can all sleep a little more at night this month).

 (Now that I've just jinxed myself and will never sleep again...) 

The End.

 photo DSC01738_zps8fa1e0f1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment