Sunday, January 10, 2021

Books I Read in 2020

My reading goal for 2020 was 50 books, I only read 38. I lost a lot of my "reading" time when the gyms closed back in March. That time in the car and then during my workouts were my favorite audiobook listening time. I pretty much stopped listening to audiobooks while working out after that because working out at home is quite loud and crazy as it is.  

My top 6 books are bolded (3 of my books and 3 of the read aloud with kids)

My Books: 

Little Fires Everywhere, Celeste Ng

The Care and Feeding of Ravenously Hungry Girls, Anissa Gray

A Man Called Ove, Fredrik Backman

Women and the Priesthood: What One Mormon Woman Believes, Sheri Dew

Lilac Girls, Martha Kelly

Such A Fun Age, Kiley Reid

What No One Tells You: A Guide to Your Emotions from Pregnancy to Motherhood, Alexandra Sacks

Home Front, Kristin Hannah

Downstairs Girl, Stacey Lee

The Tattooist of Auschwitz, Heather Morris

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, E. Lockhart

So You Want to Talk About Race, Ijeoma Oluo

My Sister's Keeper, Jodi Picoult

American Royals, Katharine McGee - If I could half bold this one and it's sequel below, I would. Total soap opera fluff, but just what I needed during some of the heavier, difficult times of 2020

Majesty, Katharine McGee

Dear Martin, Nic Stone

Code Name Helene, Ariel Lawhon

Originals: How Non-Conformists Move the World, Adam Grant

The Pull of Stars, Emma Donoghue

The Gifts of Imperfection, Brene Brown


Read Alouds with the kids:

Ivy and Bean, Annie Barrows

The Magic Looking Glass, Tom Percival

Ban This Book Alan Gratz

The Penderwicks: A Summer Tale of Four Sister, Two Rabbits, and a Very Interesting Boy, Jeanne Birdsall

The Secret Mountain, Tom Percival

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, C.S. Lewis

The One and Only Ivan, Katherine Applegate

James and the Giant Peach, Roald Dahl

Sup[er Turbo Saves the Day!, Lee Kirby

The Goose Girl, Shannon Hale

The Willoughbys, Lois Lowry

Juana & Lucas, Juana Medina

Mighty Jack, Ben Hatke

Mighty Jack and the Goblin King, Ben Hatke

Smile, Raina Telgemeier

Little House in the Big Woods, Laura Ingalls Wilder

The Christmasaurus, Tom Fletcher

The Adventures of Nanny Piggins, R.A. Spratt


No comments:

Post a Comment