Saturday, September 8, 2018

Kids Say the Darndest Things

While listening to the Greatest Showman CD:

CD: "...to the world I close my eyes to see. I close my eyes to see..."

B (very contemplative): Why she close her eyes to see? She no close her eyes to see. You eyes need to be open to see."

Convo between Mom and Shae:

M: What do you want to be when you grow up.

S: Mom, you know, a ninja!

M: Are ninjas really real?

S: Of course they are.

M: Well, how does a ninja make money, like to eat food and pay rent?

S: He doesn't make money.

M: Then where will you live?

S: In a cave.

M: How will you eat?

S: I will hunt my own food.

M: Well, what if you have a girlfriend who wants to go see a movie, how will you pay for the movie.

S: Maaaa-om, SHE will pay for it.

Clearly.


Convo between Dad and Belén:

B: Where were you daddy?

D: I had a meeting with my boss.

B: What? What Boss? But you the boss...the boss of timeouts!!


During scripture study, reading 1 Nephi 3:3

M: "...Laban hath the record of the Jews and also a genealogy of my forefathers..."

S: Wait, WHAT!? Nephi had FOUR fathers!?


While reading a body book, digestion page, following the process of an apple eaten by a little boy.

B: I need an apple! (runs to the kitchen and then straight to the bathroom). I need to eat the apple, and then watch it come out here! (pointing at the toilet).

Shae walks up to me with his pointer fingers in his arm pits and says:

S: Mom, guess which one of my arm pits is deeper.

M: The left.

S: Nope. Now you try.


During quiet time I hear Shae run to the bathroom and yell:

S: I need to go potty!!

M: (yell back through my bedroom door while editing) Okay!

S: I wasn't talking to you mom! I was talking to my body!


Convo with Belen on our last train ride in Boston:

D: Belén, this is our last ride on the train.

B (sweet and innocent): We going to die?


They'll be here all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment