Thursday, November 17, 2016

General Conference with the Padres

 Oh man, it's been like, years since I posted anything...life is just so busy! Do I say that every single post? If I don't explicitly write it, I definitely THINK about writing it. So here's a short post with a few pictures that I realized I never posted from a quick visit from my parents back at the beginning of October. 

They came up for my Dad's uncle's funeral and we were lucky enough to have them stay with us. 

It was conference weekend so Darin picked and made a new breakfast. We tried this one. Mel's recipes are usually golden, but this one was a little too bready for me. Still good, but not great. 

These kids loved playing on the air mattress. 

 On Sunday before conference, we went out for a little walk and realized that we were all wearing Oriole's shirts (besides me. I was a scrooge and wouldn't change to conform. Even Darin was rocking the O's gear). I'm sure we looked so funny walking out of the house as if we were going to an Oriole's game. 


Even though the actual purpose of the visit was a bit somber, we sure do love seeing these guys. Excited that we get to see them again next week.

Here's a few of my favorite quotes from the first day of General Conference (I still have the other half to get through):
"The purpose of faith is not to change God's will but to empower us to act on God's will. Faith is trust--trust that God sees what we cannot and that He knows what we do not."
"Faith comes to the humble, the diligent, the enduring. It comes to those who pay the price of faithfulness."
-Elder Uchtdorf, Fourth Floor, Last Door

"When you pray, are you really praying or just staying prayers?"
-Elder Uceda, The Lord Teaches Us to Pray

"We falsely judge our self-worth by the things we do or don't have and by the opinions of others. If we must compare, let us compare how we were in the past to how we are today--and even to how we want to be in the future. The only opinion of us that matters is what our Heavenly Father thinks of us."
-Elder Cornish, Am I Good Enough? Will I Make It?

No comments:

Post a Comment