Sunday, June 14, 2020

Meeting the Sibs

I was disappointed that the kids didn't get to come to the hospital to meet Emery, nonetheless, we had a nice meeting at home. Darin dropped me and the baby at home after the hospital and then went to get the kids. I cuddled in the recliner with Emery until they got back, everything feeling so surreal, being in our home with the newest member of our family. 

I was very excited to see the kids after being away a couple days. Belén came right over to hold her new baby sister. Shae was a bit more skeptical. He looked her over, but said that he wasn't ready to hold her yet.
 The kids were very excited to introduce her to our 20 other family members.


 Shae warmed up to her little by little. He was excited to share his blankies with her. (Belén always comes home with the best hairstyles after playing at this friend's house).
 By the end of the day he had come over to me and sweetly said, "I think I am ready to hold baby Emery now."
 Reading the first books to my THREE children (crazy!). If I had had my way I would have ensured that her first ever picture book was something other than a PBS Dinosaur Train book...
 Belén prayed so much while I was pregnant that Emmy wouldn't get the Coronavirus. She made sure to wear her mask around her for just a little bit.


 Lot's of doctor's appointments that first week.
 And lots of cuddles and skin to skin with Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment