Sunday, July 14, 2019

Visit to Posadas

 After visiting the ruins we made our way to Argentina. We anticipated it would take awhile to cross the bridge from Encarnacion to Posadas since it took us a couple hours when Darin and I did this 2 years ago (we ended up getting out of the taxi and just walking last time). It ended up taking us 2.5 hours to cross. 
 Waiting that long in traffic wasn't the best, but at least we got to get out and take a picture with the "Welcome to Argentina" sign.

 Shae also notified us at this point that he had to go to the bathroom. I can't imagine he is the first one to do this. 

  Night came and we were still on the bridge. Inching forward ever so slowly. 

 Finally made it to the hotel. We asked if they had an extra little cot for one of our kids to sleep in and they brought us this pack n' play. Belen was surprisingly excited to sleep in it. 

 Hotel breakfast.
 Then off to church. I was so nervous and so excited at the same time to go to this chapel where I finished my mission after serving in this area for 9 months. A lot has changed, namely that the unit is no longer the Villa Cabello branch and is now the San Martin ward. Many people are no longer there, but there were still quite a few people that I knew. I loved seeing the Gomez family who took such good care of us as missionaries.
 It was amazing to see the Gonzalez family show up at church and to think that 9 years earlier I was blessed to play a small role in helping them learn about the gospel. 

Hermana Irene had us over for lunch quite often and always fed us healthy meals.
 After church we went over to the Gonzalezes house for lunch. Darin is learning grill techniques from Rogelio, the master griller. 
I love these people so much. I still can't believe that I've been able to see them twice in the past 2 years. A dream come true.
We hung out for a couple hours and played games and talked.
 Then we strolled around my area a little. I taught quite a few lessons in this plaza. 



  I need to find the picture of me as a missionary in front of this wall right outside my apartment as a misisonary.
 One-legged shoot.



We then went down to the coast area and played a little longer before heading back to the hotel.




 Monday morning we packed up the van and then walked over to 9 de Julio plaza to check out this pretty church that we could see from our hotel balcony.
 Then we took a quick stop at the grocery store for some lunch items and took off to go back to Asuncion. The kids were very excited about the kid carts.

 Thank goodness we were on the other side of the street crossing the bridge this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment