Thursday, May 2, 2019

In between Countries

We had a week and a half back in the USA and it sure was nice to be back, even if it was just for a short time. I love all that we learn and get to experience living in another country, but there is something special (familiar? comfortable?) about being in your home country. 

After spending two nights in PA at my parent's house, we drove up to Ithaca and spent two days there. We took care of doctors and dentist appointments. Darin switched out a ton of Indonesian library books for Paraguayan ones. He also met with a few professors. We tried to meet up with as many friends as possible so that we could recharge our friend batteries a bit.
Loved seeing these guys play together again.
 I sure do miss seeing these red-headed buddies play together.
 We were extremely excited when we realized that our trip back home overlapped with baseball opening weekend. We have done a baseball party at our friend's home every year since we moved to Ithaca. We thought we'd miss it this year, but we didn't! They were so sweet to host it at their house again and to let us invite over a few families we were itching to spend time with. They were also so kind to let us stay at their house, AGAIN. We feel so blessed to know them. 

I was so busy socializing that I got 0 pictures from the party. I did get a couple of the kids playing with this amazing (and huge) set of blocks that our friends have. Oh it was so fun to see them create. I've missed blocks and magnatiles and all those kinds of open-ended toys so much since we've been overseas. 

 We spent the rest of our time at my parent's house. Loved seeing the kids read and play with my mom.
 This kid is always falling out of beds.
The kids tried to pull off a little April Fool's joke on their grandparents by putting baby carrots in baggies, but calling them Cheetos. 
 Belen's snowman. She's really taken her drawings to the next level lately and I just love looking through them.
 Getting some dirt ready for planting flowers with grandma.

 She was cracking me up sleeping with this hat on while we were there.
 Again, loving all the blocks and link n' logs and duplos. 
 We, of course, couldn't let a week and a half trip to the US go by and not go to the library. Oh how I loved getting a big stack of books for us to read that week. We've been reading lots of ebooks lately and it just felt so nice to have the actual books in our hands. The kids put on some pretty great puppet shows at this library.
 I do not remember why my Dad drew this, maybe one of the kids asked him? But I had to record this amazing baby drawing of my brother Philip :). 
 Park time! 

 
 Enjoying the rainbow sherbet.

 All ready for Disney on Ice!
 Well, almost ready. 
 And now she's really ready.
 They were super stoked about this.

 

 
 
 She loved when the characters skated past and waved at us.
   Elsa Elsa Elsa.
We were very sad to hear of the passing of Darin's uncle, but also grateful that Darin was able to go out to Wyoming to be there, with family, for the funeral. Here are a few pics that he sent me of his trip.
 He stayed with a different uncle, where visitors get to put their hand print on the wall, how fun is that?



No comments:

Post a Comment