Tuesday, August 28, 2018

July Little Things

"Okay mom, I'm ready for school."
 Showing off her new adorable swim suit.

 My mom and dad came up to visit for a weekend. They came up the day after grandma's birthday so we made her this delicious chocolate chocolate cake. It was seriously SO good. We couldn't get enough of it. 
  They got to come to our annual branch summer lake house activity. Shae and Kuhn-ta went tubing and canoeing together.

I got to go with Belén for her first tubing ride. I also went on a pretty rough trip with Darin that ended in us flying off--me first, which meant Darin was flung right into me in the water. That was pleasant. Shae was so excited to be able to go out with his best friend Ayden, and then again later all by himself. The boat goes much slower when the kids are on it, but Shae didn't seem to process that and kept saying, "Wow, the kids are MUCH better at staying on the tube than the grown-ups."


 We slept on the kids beds while my parents were here, and the kids slept, well, all over the place. One of them did at least.


 Found her asleep up on Shae's bed during quiet time one day. With no shirt on, cause that is how she prefers to do life.
 It has been a hot summer for Ithaca. Not having central air and living on the 3rd floor of our apartment has made for some sweaty people. This kid sweats soooo much. Even while watching tv.

 While I was teaching one day, Darin sent me this sweet picture of Belén holding Shae's hand during his dentist appointment. This appointment went much better than the last, as in, he actually opened his mouth and let them clean his teeth.
 Another picture I grabbed from Darin's phone while I was working. He said that Belén came out and said,"Look, I'm mommy."
 More sleeping shenanigans. 
Everyone was very excited to try on their wedding clothes when they arrived in the mail.  

Finished Power 1.0, a 3 month weight training program I was trying out after doing BBG for a year and a half. I loved it. 
Hot day spent up at Seneca Lake State Park.














 My view watching her play in the sand at the beach.
And him try to sleep and possibly become less white. 

 Taking the super heroes on the blue line train.
 Johnathan and Anna stopped in for a day so that we could meet Johnathan before the wedding. The kids mauled him.
 We took them out on a hike and enjoyed some time at the beach.



 Shae being the perfect third wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment