Friday, September 30, 2016

Big 3-0 Birthday Continued...

After our baseball tour we headed over to Shake Shack right by the inner harbor. I have been wanting to go to NYC so badly so that I could try Shake Shack. I always hear such great things about it! I had no idea that they had other locations outside of the city! And one within 20 minutes walking from Camden Yards! (Thanks Amelia for making my wildest food dreams come true). It was goooooooood. Totally worth the hype. 

When in Maryland...Old Bay Seasoning. 

I definitely didn't appreciate the Inner Harbor when growing up so close to Baltimore. I was kind of shocked walking around there thinking, "This is is SO pretty. Why didn't I enjoy this place more?"
After lunch I may have led us in the wrong direction to the Science Center, but we finally made it and all the nostalgia came at me (not that it hadn't already been hanging around what with spending the morning at Camden Yards). We had passes here growing up and I remember just LOVING this place. I was so excited to find out that our Ithaca Science Center membership could be used there.

Meeting Cal Ripken!
 So brave.
 The view from the Science Center!
 This semi-creepy exhibit called out to us, "Hello, come find out how tall you are." So we did. You guys, I'm not even 5'4"!! Short.

We build things so that we can destroy things.

 What you can't see in this picture is the T-Rex eating this other dinosaur's tail. Shae was yelling, "You stop it T-Rex! Stop eating his TAIL!"
 Loving this "who can smile bigger" tactic. 

And finally...the reason that we even did this whole trip...THE FOOTBALL GAME! The Lukes met up with us for lunch and then Adam came with us to the game. It was really neat to be in an NFL football stadium, even if the FedEx colors were a bit tacky.
 We still can't get over the fact that Amelia came all the way out to do this with us. She's the greatest.

 Shae was sad that he didn't get to meet the Oriole bird, so he was extra stoked to meet Cosmo.
 The only thing that could have made this weekend better would have been a BYU win. Okay, let's be honest, there are a lot of things that could have made it better...like more family members with us, an Oreo cheesecake, family massages...but what I'm trying to say is, it was a great weekend.

Oh! And I almost forgot one of the coolest parts. As we were driving to the game, we took a wrong turn and ended up on the freeway which was kind of annoying at first until we realized that 4 BYU busses were passing us with a police procession. We all kind of freaked out. There was honking and whooping and waving...and some of the players waved back at us (!!). It really was so cool and I was only worried about my safety for a few seconds of it (Darin...the driver...was VERY excited). Really wished I had thought to take video while this was all happening. There the busses go...
Seriously, it was rad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment